Learn filmmaking from Brandon Li! This will be a livestream of his class in Hong Kong.
- Commentary on Brandon's films such as "Hong Kong Strong", "Nomads of Mongolia", and "Tokyo Roar" with behind-the-scenes notes and anecdotes
- The Art of Anticipation: techniques for shooting spontaneously in the field, anticipating the shots you want and being ready when the decisive moment happens.
- The Moving Camera: how to get smooth movements without complex gear. How to choose the "right" movement for your shot.
- The Art of Lenses: How different focal lengths affect the emotional impact of your shots.
- Visualize the Edit: how to visualize your edited film while you're shooting, without a script or storyboards. Whether you're shooting a narrative film, a travelogue montage, or anything else.
- How to Film Strangers: techniques Brandon uses to capture honest and genuine moments from strangers (and make friends, too!)
- Planning Your Location Shoot: How to effectively plan before you travel and ensure that you have the resources you need
- Editing: Creating a scene vs editing a montage: two powerful techniques for storytelling.
- Editing: Modern styles and techniques. Knowing when to use them and how to avoid cliches.
- Staying Inspired: Ways to kickstart your creativity when you're feeling stuck.
- Reviewing Your Work: If you have videos that are finished, or works-in-progress, bring a copy of your video and we will review a few minutes of it. Brandon and the class will provide feedback and commentary.
Are you in Hong Kong? Come to the live training!